Committee for Jewish Claims on Austria (March 25, 1999)
The International Steering Committee on Restitution, which is made up of the Committee for Jewish Claims on Austria, the Federation of Jewish Communities in Austria, the Council for Jews from Austria in Israel and the World Jewish Congress has presented to Austrian Chancellor Viktor Klima, a set of principles for the restitution of Jewish property to the victims and their heirs as soon as possible
Conference on Jewish Material Claims on Germany
15 East 26th Street – Room 906
New York, NY 10010
Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation (Swiss Banks)
SWISS NEEDY HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS’ FUND
Applications have to be made by individuals, who are U.S. citizans or legal residents.
SWISS DORMANT ACCOUNT CONTACT OFFICES:
U.S. and CANADA: 1-800-662-7708
United Kingdom: 0800-731-0451
Reparation Related News
- Graham eyes bill on Holocaust-era insurance claims Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham said Tuesday he will explore legislation that would pressure insurers to pay out more Holocaust-era insurance claims, over protests from an official who negotiated international agreements to compensate survivors. The South Carolina Republican told POLITICO he was convinced to move forward after a hearing Tuesday morning that focused on how ...
- The Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany announces new Fund for Kindertransport Survivors In the 80th anniversary year of the Kindertransports, the Claims Conference announced an agreement with the German government to provide compensation payments for child survivors of the Kindertransport. It is not yet clear whether this fund includes all Kindertransportees, or only those who were sent to Great Britain.
In the months before the start of World ...
- 80th Anniversary of Kindertransport Marked with Compensation Payment to Survivors Please take note of this article published Monday on the 80th anniversary of the Kindertransport from the Claims Conference. Finally, compensation has been announced!
- US – France Agreement on Compensation US – France Agreement on Compensation
Date: May 3, 2016
The State Department has sent us the following information about the U.S.-France Agreement on Compensation for Certain Victims of Holocaust-Related Deportation from France Who Are Not Covered by French Programs. They encourage claimants to submit applications by the May 31 deadline.
Application and additional information can be found here: http://www.state.gov/p/eur/rt/hlcst/deportationclaims/index.htm
- 2014 Conference, Berlin Following are links to important articles that, because of space limitations, could not be included in our latest newsletter Mishpocha! The articles deal with topics discussed at our Berlin 2014 Conference or are personal descriptions of the conference.
A critique of Holocaust education in Germany, by Anna Rosmus. In this article Ms. Rosmus tells the story of ...
- 2014 Conference Berlin, World Federation Newsletter Reports Dear Friends,
The September edition of the WFNU includes information about the successful Berlin conference. We also announce the 2015 host city will be Houston TX. There is update information about the Claims Conference, and a Resolution by the Wold Federation on Anti-Semitism, intended for media distribution.
Click here to read: WFNU Sept 2014
- WJRO: Lithuania Property Law Is a Measure of Justice The World Jewish Restitution Organization (WJRO) acknowledges the significant step taken today with the passage of legislation by the Lithuanian Seimas (Parliament) which provides for limited compensation for communal and religious property owned by the Jewish community of Lithuania before the Holocaust.
The law offers a small measure of justice and material compensation for those whose ...